Re: [histfict] Re: "Into the Wilderness"

  • JoAnn
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi Everyone! I loved "Into the Wilderness" and "Dawn
      om a Distant Shore"!! Very good writing! I am
      impatiently waiting for the third in the series,
      "Hidden Wolf";) Does anyone know if it is out yet? I
      am a huge Gabaldon fan too.That's where I learned of
      Donati. So, I'm going to head to the library to see if
      they have"Windflower". Sounds good! I just finished
      reading "Katherine" by Anya Seton (I think thats
      right). I enjoyed that one too. If anyone knows of any
      more like it, I would love to know. Thanks!!

      JoAnn

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Janet Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2001
        JoAnn,
        If you like Anya Seton, have you read her "Winthrop
        Woman"? I liked it, even before she (the Winthrop
        woman) married an ancestor of mine. It is set in
        Colonial America and gives a real good picture of life
        in that era, and also deals with a woman who was more
        than a little daring.
        Janet
        http://www.janetelainesmith.homestead.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2001
          Thanks Janet, I will look for that one at the library
          too!!!

          JoAnn

          --- Janet Smith <jehsmith@...> wrote:
          > JoAnn,
          > If you like Anya Seton, have you read her "Winthrop
          > Woman"? I liked it, even before she (the Winthrop
          > woman) married an ancestor of mine. It is set in
          > Colonial America and gives a real good picture of
          > life
          > in that era, and also deals with a woman who was
          > more
          > than a little daring.
          > Janet
          > http://www.janetelainesmith.homestead.com
          >
          > --- JoAnn <bjwaller2000@...> wrote:
          > > Hi Everyone! I loved "Into the Wilderness" and
          > "Dawn
          > > om a Distant Shore"!! Very good writing! I am
          > > impatiently waiting for the third in the series,
          > > "Hidden Wolf";) Does anyone know if it is out yet?

          > > am a huge Gabaldon fan too.That's where I learned
          > of
          > > Donati. So, I'm going to head to the library to
          > see
          > > if
          > > they have"Windflower". Sounds good! I just
          > finished
          > > reading "Katherine" by Anya Seton (I think thats
          > > right). I enjoyed that one too. If anyone knows of
          > > any
          > > more like it, I would love to know. Thanks!!
          > >
          > > JoAnn

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Jani
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2001
            --- In histfict@y..., JoAnn <bjwaller2000@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Everyone! I loved "Into the Wilderness" and "Dawn
            > om a Distant Shore"!! Very good writing! I am
            > impatiently waiting for the third in the series,
            > "Hidden Wolf";) Does anyone know if it is out yet? I
            > am a huge Gabaldon fan too.That's where I learned of
            > Donati. So, I'm going to head to the library to see if
            > they have"Windflower". Sounds good! I just finished
            > reading "Katherine" by Anya Seton (I think thats
            > right). I enjoyed that one too. If anyone knows of any
            > more like it, I would love to know. Thanks!!
            >
            > JoAnn

            I think Sara is still writing Hidden Wolf. She has a website called
            Saralaughs.com which should have more information.

            Jani
          • Jeanette
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
              --- In histfict@y..., "Jani" <vger4@p...> wrote:

              > I think Sara is still writing Hidden Wolf. She has a website
              called Saralaughs.com which should have more information.

              > Jani

              Sara's website has a couple of exerpts from Hidden Wolf. Below is
              the link for the latest on, just put up recently.

              http://www.saralaughs.com/PreviewHiddenWolf7-1.htm

              Jeanette
            • JoAnn
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
                Hi Janet,
                I found "Winthrop Women" at the library. Started it
                last night. So far so good!!! I really enjoy history
                and a good story too! I also dropped by the local UBS
                and they had a copy of Windflower! Had to get it!!!!

                JoAnn