Re: [histfict] Robert Goddard

  • Laura Price
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      << A book I can recommend is Robert Goddard's "In Pale
      Battallions". It is set for the most part during the
      First World War. >>

      Edwin,

      Thank you so much for recommending this book. I
      bought it last week & enjoyed every minute of it.
      It's the first Goddard I've read, but I'll try to read
      some more of his work if I get the chance. Are his
      other stories in a similar style to IPB, or something
      completely different?

      Regards,
      Laura

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Edwin Baeyens
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
        > From: Laura Price <lmcprice@...>
        > Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 05:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
        > To: histfict@egroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [histfict] Robert Goddard
        >

        > << A book I can recommend is Robert Goddard's "In Pale
        > Battallions". It is set for the most part during the
        > First World War. >>
        >
        > Edwin,
        >
        > Thank you so much for recommending this book. I
        > bought it last week & enjoyed every minute of it.
        > It's the first Goddard I've read, but I'll try to read
        > some more of his work if I get the chance. Are his
        > other stories in a similar style to IPB, or something
        > completely different?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Laura

        Glad you liked it.
        I couldn't tell you about his other books, though. It's was also only the
        first of his novels I read. I have just ordered a few more.
        Judging from the summaries, I suppose they are similar.

        Take care & CUL8R
        Edwin