Re: [histfict] TV Programmes

  • shellelr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2000
      I'm pretty sure Arabian Nights was aired in the US last night -- I meant to
      try to watch and forgot about it! :( If so, how strangely wonderful that it
      would be aired in the US and UK almost simultaneously.

      I will look for the conclusion tonight.

      Speaking of James Frain, he's in a movie that just opened here, called Where
      the Heart Is. Playing (I think) a sweet small-town American college
      instructor. I've seen the trailers and couldn't figure out where I knew him
      from, but then I saw a photo of him from the film Elizabeth, and couldn't
      believe it was the same guy!! He must be awfully versatile. Who is Vanessa
      Mae?

      Shelle
    • Shirley Skinner
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2000
        After I'd watched the programme, I noticed that it was being aired over the
        same weekend in the US and the UK - must be the first time that's ever
        happened! Second part was just as good as the first.

        Vanessa Mae is a classical violinist - she's about 18 or 19,
        Singaporean/British, and very pretty. It was her first acting role, and she
        wasn't half bad.

        Shirley

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2000
          In a message dated 05/01/2000 4:28:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          shirley@... writes:

          > After I'd watched the programme, I noticed that it was being aired over the
          > same weekend in the US and the UK - must be the first time that's ever
          > happened! Second part was just as good as the first.

          I'll watch part two tonight. I've seen the commercials for Arabian Nights
          for weeks now, but didn't take note of the interesting cast. I really liked
          Dougray Scott in _Ever After_. Good to know it's not "Disneyfied," though it
          is a Disney production!

          Shelle