New Year in London

  • Nicky Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      I had a very British New Year in London where we trudged to Westminster
      Bridge and watched a laser display on 'the largest ferris wheel in the
      world' (but it wasn't actually going round due to technical difficulties),
      then fought our way to the river bank and stood for three and a half hours
      waiting for 'the biggest fireworks display in the world'. It was pretty
      impressive but we had all been waiting for a promised 60 metre high 'wall of
      fire' on the Thames which didn't actually materialise. And it rained (of
      course). But I did manage to open a bottle of champagne at midnight and it
      was quite fun (I think), especially knowing that I can bore my stay-at-home
      work colleagues for ever :-)

      Hope everybody else enjoyed themselves and haven't broken their resolutions
      yet !

      Nicky