can you recommend some other novelists websites?

  • parkhurstmag
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
      I have an important, and maybe fun/interesting, request for you all. With my new novel coming out next year, my webmistress will need to design a new website that incorporates my two different book series. I'd love to hear about some websites of other novelists with two [or more] different series so we can see what features they use and how they work, or don't.

      We've been looking at a few already and it's amazing how poorly designed some of them are, considering that these are big name authors who theoretically have lots of money to put into the project. But even a mediocre website can have some good elements, and our goal is to find the components that will best meet our needs.

      So have fun surfing the web, and let me know what you find either by replying to this post or emailing me directly at author@...

      Maggie Anton
      www.rashisdaughters.com
    • Sophiene
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2011
        Try alexander mccall smith. I like his website and he has different series going.

        Sophiene

        Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPod

        Op 16 feb. 2011 om 17:56 heeft "parkhurstmag" <author@...> het volgende geschreven:

        > I have an important, and maybe fun/interesting, request for you all. With my new novel coming out next year, my webmistress will need to design a new website that incorporates my two different book series. I'd love to hear about some websites of other novelists with two [or more] different series so we can see what features they use and how they work, or don't.
        >
        > We've been looking at a few already and it's amazing how poorly designed some of them are, considering that these are big name authors who theoretically have lots of money to put into the project. But even a mediocre website can have some good elements, and our goal is to find the components that will best meet our needs.
        >
        > So have fun surfing the web, and let me know what you find either by replying to this post or emailing me directly at author@...
        >
        > Maggie Anton
        > www.rashisdaughters.com

      • parkhurstmag
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2011
          Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favorite authors, and I thought of his website immediately. It definitely has some good features, but the animated animals that fly across it are distracting. Also, I think that no website should have music that starts playing immediately when one enters.

          Maggie Anton
          www.rashisdaughters.com