Russian history & WW II

  • RosalieS
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5 11:58 AM
      I have been reading several books concerning Russia's participation in WW II. This has been a genre that I haven't attempted before. I have found it fascinating and amazing. I had actually started with the 1917 Revolution and the murder of the Tsar. I am planning to read WAR AND PEACE for my next venture. Historical fiction has been my true love of reading since I was in high school - many, many years ago. In our senior year we had to read and report on one English novel. I chose Norah Loft's book on Henry VIII. I have not stopped reading English novels since then. I have added the stories of the Middle East, (The Kite Runner), stories of China and Japan - (Empress) (The Language of Silk) and stories from India (Taj). This is just a small sampling of my reading. I am looking forward to meeting and discussing with other readers in this genre.
    • Jeanette Finan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5 1:35 PM
        If you are still interested in books about Japan I recommend The Commoner
        by John Burnham Schwartz. I really enjoyed this book. Link to The
        Commoner on Amazon<http://www.amazon.com/Commoner-Novel-Vintage-Contemporaries/dp/1400096057/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267824329&sr=1-1>

        <http://www.amazon.com/Commoner-Novel-Vintage-Contemporaries/dp/1400096057/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267824329&sr=1-1>Good
        luck on War and Peace. I'm still hanging in there with it but it's a very
        complex book. This book in a minute review is dead on. War and Peace In a
        Minute <http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/tolstoy.warandpeace.shtml>

        Jeanette

        --
        Jeanette
        http://jeanette0605-jeanette.blogspot.com/

      • RosalieS
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10 8:19 PM
          Thanks for the suggestion. I am planning a trip to the Half-priced Book store tomorrow. I will look for this title.