Historical fiction stories welcome in new contest round

  • John Yeoman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Good afternoon! (At least, it's noon in Ivinghoe, England, and very frosty :))

      May I beg your patience to announce the next round in the Writers' Village `Best Writing' award for short fiction?

      It's purpose-made for members of the group who write as well as read historical fiction. The 2nd prize in 2009 was won by Valerie Bowes for an historical mystery. You can read her story 'Name Reflected Darkly' at my contest site.

      The first prize this year is $242 (£150), with a 2nd prize of $48 (£30) and a 3rd prize of $32 (£20), plus ten runner-up prizes of $16 (£10). Deadline is 31st March 2010.

      Details of the contest plus all the winning 2009 entries can be read at:

      http://www.writers-village.org/

      You can also download a free 7000-word mini-book `How to Win Writing Contests for Profit' at:

      http://www.writers-village.org/welcome2.php

      It comes without copyright restrictions. It reveals precisely what judges usually look for in a contest entry (well, this judge ;) and offers many well-researched tips for making cash profits from contest wins.

      Thank you for your patience. (I shall now return to my frosty English grotto in Ivinghoe...)

      Nigel Robinson aka John Yeoman
      at the centre for free writing ideas: Writers' Village: http://www.writers-village.org