Maggie Anton -speaking in Bay Area April 22-26

  • Maggie Anton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
      Since we all know that a successful author spends as much time promoting her books as writing them, I'm off to the Bay Area, where I'll be speaking at several venues next week, all open to the public:

      Brandeis Women Author Brunch in Sunnyvale on April 22, 11 am
      Berkeley Hillel on April 22, 7 pm
      KOH Library at Mosaic Law Synagogue in Sacramento on April 23, 7 pm
      Bnai Shalom Synagogue in Walnut Creek on April 26, 3 pm

      I hope that I'll see some of you there. For exact addresses, see my website events schedule [http://www.rashisdaughters.com/speak09.html%5d.

      Maggie Anton
      Coming in August 2009: "Rashi's Daughters: Book III - RACHEL"
      Now Available! "Rashi's Daughters: Book Two - MIRIAM"
      (Novels of Love and the Talmud in Medieval France)
      www.rashisdaughters.com
    • Charlie Farrow
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2009
        The Bay Area sounds lovely - but where is it? I know you mean in America
        somewhere, but which State or region? I thought Walnut Creek was one of the
        Little House series but surely Laura Ingalls Wilder was based on the
        prairies and never made it to a coast where a bay might be found? I can only
        assume that most states with coasts have bay areas! LOL!

        Charlie

        2009/4/17 Maggie Anton <author@...>

        > Since we all know that a successful author spends as much time promoting
        > her books as writing them, I'm off to the Bay Area, where I'll be speaking
        > at several venues next week, all open to the public:
        >
        > Brandeis Women Author Brunch in Sunnyvale on April 22, 11 am
        > Berkeley Hillel on April 22, 7 pm
        > KOH Library at Mosaic Law Synagogue in Sacramento on April 23, 7 pm
        > Bnai Shalom Synagogue in Walnut Creek on April 26, 3 pm
        >
        > I hope that I'll see some of you there. For exact addresses, see my website
        > events schedule [http://www.rashisdaughters.com/speak09.html%5d.
        >
        > Maggie Anton
        > Coming in August 2009: "Rashi's Daughters: Book III - RACHEL"
        > Now Available! "Rashi's Daughters: Book Two - MIRIAM"
        > (Novels of Love and the Talmud in Medieval France)
        > www.rashisdaughters.com

      • Charlie Farrow
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2009
          A little Googling has shown that it's Walnut Grove and Plum Creek! But it
          must be 30 years since I read the books!

          2009/4/17 Charlie Farrow <charlie.farrow@...>

          > The Bay Area sounds lovely - but where is it? I know you mean in America
          > somewhere, but which State or region? I thought Walnut Creek was one of the
          > Little House series but surely Laura Ingalls Wilder was based on the
          > prairies and never made it to a coast where a bay might be found? I can only
          > assume that most states with coasts have bay areas! LOL!
          >
          > Charlie
          >
          > 2009/4/17 Maggie Anton <author@...>
          >

          >> Since we all know that a successful author spends as much time promoting
          >> her books as writing them, I'm off to the Bay Area, where I'll be speaking
          >> at several venues next week, all open to the public:
          >>
          >> Brandeis Women Author Brunch in Sunnyvale on April 22, 11 am
          >> Berkeley Hillel on April 22, 7 pm
          >> KOH Library at Mosaic Law Synagogue in Sacramento on April 23, 7 pm
          >> Bnai Shalom Synagogue in Walnut Creek on April 26, 3 pm
          >>
          >> I hope that I'll see some of you there. For exact addresses, see my
          >> website events schedule [http://www.rashisdaughters.com/speak09.html%5d.
          >>
          >> Maggie Anton
          >> Coming in August 2009: "Rashi's Daughters: Book III - RACHEL"
          >> Now Available! "Rashi's Daughters: Book Two - MIRIAM"
          >> (Novels of Love and the Talmud in Medieval France)
          >> www.rashisdaughters.com

        • Maggie Anton
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
            Charlie

            -Thanks so much for reminding me of Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House" books. I loved those as a child - one of my first tastes of historical fiction [although I didn't realize it was fiction].

            I guess I'm so California-centric that I assumed everyone would know which Bay Area I meant when they got to the Berkeley listing. Of course I should have said, 'San Francisco Bay Area.'

            I hope that clarifies things.

            Maggie Anton
            www.rashisdaughters.com

            -- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Farrow <charlie.farrow@...> wrote:

            > The Bay Area sounds lovely - but where is it? I know you mean in America somewhere, but which State or region? I thought Walnut Creek was one of the Little House series but surely Laura Ingalls Wilder was based on the prairies and never made it to a coast where a bay might be found? I can only assume that most states with coasts have bay areas! LOL!
            >
            > Charlie

          • Sharp, Ann (GT&D)
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21, 2009
              Charlie
              The Bay Area sounds lovely - but where is it?

              Ann:
              San Francisco Bay Area, northern California. We're rather
              partial to it, too!

              L.P.H.,

              Ann
              ... Working in Walnut Creek this very minute, but shortly to head home
              to Berkeley, CA 94705-2032.