Re: [histfict] Re: The Mercy of Thin Air

  • daphne sayed
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1 2:34 AM
      Tracy have you anew book on the way? I thought your first two were amazing,

      Daphne gedanken.typepad.com

    • Tracy Grant
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1 10:21 AM
        Thanks so much, Daphne! "Daughter of the Game" is being reissued
        this August in trade paperback under a new title "Secrets of a
        Lady". If it does well, hopefully my publisher will continue with
        the series (the third book is already written). For �Secrets of a
        Lady� I wrote a new epilogue�a letter from Charles to M�lanie.
        �Secrets of a Lady� also includes about fifteen pages of what Avon
        Trade calls A+�a very fun section that is sort of like DVD extras. I
        wrote mine in the form of a series of letters between Charles,
        M�lanie, and other characters that offer glimpses into their
        history. A lot more info about my books can be found on my recently
        revamped website (link below), including a section called the Fraser
        Correspondence which is more letters between the characters. I post
        a new one every week (which reminds me, I have to go work on this
        week's update...)

        Cheers,
        Tracy
        http://www.tracygrant.org

        On Jul 1, 2007, at 2:34 AM, daphne sayed wrote:

        > Tracy have you anew book on the way? I thought your first two were
        > amazing,
        >
        > Daphne gedanken.typepad.com

      • Pat Maynard
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1 1:43 PM
          Tracy,

          I've read "Daugher of the Game" and "Beneath a Silent
          Moon" and thoroughly enjoyed same! Glad to hear
          there's the possibility of a third one coming out ...
          and keeping my fingers crossed for you (and the
          series) in this regard.

          Pat
        • Tracy Grant
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1 1:57 PM
            Thanks so much, Pat! I can't tell you how much comments like that
            mean to writers :-). "Secrets of Lady" is going to be part of a
            special Jane Austen-themed promotion at Barnes & Noble (timed to
            coincide with the release of the movie "Becoming Jane") which should
            give it some nice visibility (and I love being part of anything
            connected to Jane Austen!).

            Cheers,
            Tracy
            http://www.tracygrant.org

          • HKGsara@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1 6:51 PM
              Just wanted to tell you I have read "Daughter of the Game" and "Beneath the
              ..." and loved them both. I look forward to your next book!
              HKGsara@...

            • Jennifer
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2 12:13 AM
                I'm jumping on a bandwagon here (sorry). This is Tracy:

                > Thanks so much, Pat! I can't tell you how much comments like that
                > mean to writers :-). "Secrets of Lady" is going to be part of a
                > special Jane Austen-themed promotion at Barnes & Noble (timed to
                > coincide with the release of the movie "Becoming Jane") which should
                > give it some nice visibility (and I love being part of anything
                > connected to Jane Austen!).
                [JC-S]
                I'd like to echo Pat's comments, Tracy (waving to Pat) and also say how nice
                it is to see you on this list. Amazing how many of we Dunnett readers share
                tastes in fiction. Good taste, naturally <smile>.

                Jenny in Canberra

                mailto:fionnabhair@...
                Visit Words in Flight: http://fionnabhair.wordpress.com/
              • Tracy Grant
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2 11:19 PM
                  Thanks so much for all the nice welcomes and kinds words about my
                  books! Sara, it's great to hear you enjoyed "Daughter of the Game"
                  and "Beneath a Silent Moon"! Jenny, it's lovely to "see" a familiar
                  face. Totally agree about Dunnett readers having great taste in
                  fiction :-).

                  Cheers,
                  Tracy
                  http://www.tracygrant.org