Re: "With This Ring"

  • Hilary
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      I have not. Is it good?

      How've you been, Julie? Just got back from Weem in Chicago.

      --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Goldsworth" <goldjulie@...>
      wrote:

      > Have any of you read the book "With This Ring" by Joanne Karen Joy?
      >
      > http://www.wings-press.com/Author%20Pages/Author%20-%20Joanne%20Karen%
      > 20Joy.htm
      >
      > Its a "paranormal historical time travel romance".

    • Julie Goldsworth
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi Hilary!

        I have the book. I had a tour of the very castle which is on the
        cover, so I had to get the book. lol Haven't read it yet. Have
        about 5 other books in process including "King Hereafter" which I
        heard about on this list and I'm still in the middle of the 3rd
        Gabaldan book, wherever it is. I have too many books.

        Life has been very tough these past 2 months, but things are getting
        better. For example, my LandRover overheated and started spewing
        smoke and shaking. I had it towed to the nearest gas station, which
        was a nice place. I get my smog and oil changes there. They worked
        on the car for about $1800.00 worth, including a new radiator and said
        it would be all better after the smoke burnt off.

        It wasn't.

        So I towed it to the dealer. They wanted $13000.00 to put in a new
        engine. I searched the internet and talked to LandRover club people
        for a week and they all said get the car away from the dealer.

        I got it fixed at an independent for $1500.00. Bit of a difference,
        huh?
        lol

        Also, my lungs got infected during the trip to England or maybe on the
        flight. Have been getting better, but I'm not all better yet.

        Aren't you glad you asked? lol

        Did you have fun at Weem? Have never been to one yet.

        Julie