C. J. Sansom's Dissolution

  • Cathie Lawler
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      I received for my birthday yesterday a signed, first edition of C. J. Sansom's Dissolution, a novel of Tudor England. Has anyone read this book? Comments?

      Cathie Lawler

    • Gilda Felt
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        Cathie Lawler wrote:

        >I received for my birthday yesterday a signed, first edition of C. J. Sansom's Dissolution, a novel of Tudor England. Has anyone read this book? Comments?
        >
        >Cathie Lawler

        Hi, Cathie. I just joined this group about a week ago and this is my
        first post. As a staunch Ricardian, I'm not big on anything dealing
        directly with the Tudors. But all the reviews on Amazon.com were
        positive so I'd say you've got an enjoyable read ahead of you.

        Gilda
      • Anne Whitfield
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
          Happy birthday, Cathie.

          The book sounds excellent. Lucky you!

          Regards, Anne.~
          http://www.annewhitfield.com & http://annewhitfield.blogspot.com
          Kitty McKenzie paperback http://tinyurl.com/rced5
          The House of Books - where authors can promote!
          http://www.geocities.com/thehouseofbooks/index.html

        • Aarti
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
            --- In histfict@yahoogroups.com, "Cathie Lawler" <cathie-l@...> wrote:

            > I received for my birthday yesterday a signed, first edition of C.
            J. Sansom's Dissolution, a novel of Tudor England. Has anyone read
            this book? Comments?

            > Cathie Lawler

            Yes- it's very good. The first in a mystery series. The second one,
            Dark Fire, is also really good. And I think the third one is out in
            the UK but hasn't made it over the pond yet :-) I enjoyed it a lot!

            Aarti
          • Carol Harvey
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
              Hi Cathie,

              Many happy returns! What a lovely gift. I haven't read this book either, although the title suggests it's set during Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries. Sounds interesting.

              All the best,
              Carol
              harvey1301@...

            • Jennifer
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
                Cathie writes:

                > I received for my birthday yesterday a signed, first edition
                > of C. J. Sansom's Dissolution, a novel of Tudor England. Has
                > anyone read this book? Comments?

                And I hope that your birthday was truly wonderful, Cathie!

                I really enjoyed 'Dissolution' and 'Dark Fire'. I've posted 'reviewlets' of
                both on Amazon, if you are interested.

                Jenny in Canberra
                fionnabhair@...
                'Twice the light comes to a corner office; I wait for twice the vision' (101
                Corporate Haiku by William Warriner)