Re: [histfict] Recent / current reading

  • daphne sayed
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      I did but persevered and found it worthwhile. she's a
      very dense academic writer. I've decided that's the
      problem. daphne

      --- Leon fairhurst <leonfairhurst@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone in the group read any of Margaret Doody's
      > Aristotle Detective novels? They are set in ancient
      > Greece at during Alexander's conquest of Persia, was
      > just wondering because I have got a copy of the
      > first in the series but find it hard to get into,
      > anyone else have the same problem?

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • david_breckon
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        G/Day Leon. Yes I have read 'Aristotle Detective' and 'Aristotle and
        the Fatal Javelin', a short story. In the first book it was difficult
        to comprehend just where the crime line was going, however I persisted
        and in the end quite enjoyed the tale. The short story was more
        interesting all round, I think you will enjoy it. Her latest is
        'Aristotle and Poetic Justice'. I have not read this, as yet.
        If you like exciting, bloodthirsty medieval mysteries, you cannot go
        far wrong with Paul Doherty's books. He writes under a series of
        aliases and not only writes first class medieval tales, but his
        Ancient Egyptian and Alexandrian mysteries are not to be missed. If
        you go to Google Search and type in 'Paul Doherty' you will find all
        his works.
        Cheers for now, Dave.