Hindawi Release 3

  • Abhishek Choudhary
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2008
      Hi,

      Project Hindawi team has uploaded Hindawi Release 3 (http://hindawi.in
      ), which includes an online edition of Hindawi, deployed on JAVA
      virtual PC. No installations are required - one can just go to the
      webpage and learn computing in one's mother-tongue!
      (http://hindawi.in/online/) The top of the page shows a training
      video, and the lower half has Hindawi running on JPC. This works on
      all platforms / browsers that support Java (even some cell phones).
      Apart from this we have packaged Hindawi on DOSBox with OS specific
      installers which makes deployment user friendly. We have also started
      building the training infrastructure for web-based video
      lectures(using YouTube for hosting) and online books. The
      architectural specifications
      of Hindawi are also being revamped.

      We are confident Hindawi based teaching will finally take off with the
      online version and web based training. We wanted the release to be
      completed
      by 10th September but the deadline slipped by two-weeks and we could
      finalise
      the release only on 19th September.

      At the end of all of this exercise we have identified a number of
      small projects that students / community members can work on. We are
      communicating the project details to colleges and on our website, and
      expect some good response.

      Do send in your suggestions and proposals for participation in Project
      Hindawi.

      Regards,
      Abhishek