help...

  • Kitty Garrett
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2009
      Hello,

      I have been wrestling with this problem and beyond my depth, kind of
      floating in water wings. I would appreciate any help with this I can
      get.

      Problem: Trying to get a flash movie to work in IE6+ and to substitute
      content if not. Specifically the big problem is to get the CSS drop
      down menus (thanks Suckerfish!!) to be IN FRONT of the movie. In IE,
      they drop down BEHIND. <sigh>

      http://www.phc-construction.com/

      So, I thought the brilliant SWFOBJECTS situation might help, but I am
      a Javascript beginner. I'm trying to make things right for the Client
      and Designer. I am stumped below - where is the content? <kind of
      laughing>

      http://www.phc-construction.com/assets/indexEXPERIMENT.htm

      I didn't put any source code because I think it is viewable, but I am
      happy to post whatever anyone needs to think this over.

      Very grateful for any help you can give me.

      KittyG

      Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future
      of the human race.
      -H.G. Wells

    • Kenny Leu
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11, 2009
        Hi Kitty!
        I've recently had the same problem before...the issue is NOT your CSS
        z-index. Before I figured this out, I tried everything from using inline
        styles, JavaScript, JQuery to make sure my other stuff have a higher z-index
        than the Flash, but all to no avail.

        The issue here is that by default, Flash sits above other HTML elements.
        There are a couple of solutions:
        1. set the Flash parameter 'wmode' to 'opaque'.
        2. set the Flash parameter 'wmode' to 'transparent'.
        http://highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=609 for deeper explanation
        and example code

        In my situation, both did the trick. You lucked out because there is no
        JavaScript involved; simply change your Flash <object> and <embed>
        attributes and you'll have it working in both IE and FF.

        Wish you the best of luck!
        Kenny Leu
      • jdreid@fuse.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11, 2009
          ---- Kitty Garrett <kitty@...> wrote:

          =============
[...]

          This may help you with the first issue:
          http://www.killersites.com/mvnforum/mvnforum/printthread?thread=12566

          As for the dropdowns appearing behind the flash, try this:
          Add wmode="transparent" to the embed tag

          --
          Thanks!

          Jeff
        • Paola Potts
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2010
            Hello everyone:

            I would like guidance on the following issue: We have a website that has
            a contact email address. On this contact email address we would like to
            insert bcc email addresses so that everyone involved can get a copy of
            the email sent. This is a website for a homeowner's association and we
            wish all the Board members to receive a copy of the email but we do not
            want to expose the bcc email addresses to spam email. We would like to
            know the appropriate html code for bcc email and avoid spam email. Any
            guidance to this matter is greatly appreciated.Thank you.
            Best regards,

            Paola Potts

          • Jonathan Oxer
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2010
              On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 15:46 -0800, Paola Potts wrote:
              > We would like to
              > know the appropriate html code for bcc email and avoid spam email. Any
              > guidance to this matter is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

              That's not possible. If you expose the BCC addresses for a user's email
              client to send to them, then you're also exposing them so that they can
              see what they are.

              What you need to do is manage the delivery "behind the scenes" by
              publishing a general "role" address (such as "inquiries@...")
              that goes to a private distribution list on their mail server. Then
              nobody can see what addresses the email is ultimately delivered to.

              Regards,
              --
              Jonathan Oxer
              Phone +61 3 9723 9399