Re: [babble] Question: Why is margin-top in % based on the parent width?

  • Oliver Boermans
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2009
      Big John wrote on Tuesday, 12 May 2009:

      >Try thinking of a single case where having vertical
      >% margins being decided by a width would be advantageous.
      >There are no such cases. Essentially this limits %
      >vertical margins to cases where the parent is a square!
      >
      >I would like to call them Idiots, but I can't be sure
      >yet that there's not some extremely convoluted reason
      >it has to be this way. If that turns out to be true,
      >I may just retire...

      Please keep us posted on this John.
      Seems crazy (or weirdly lazy).

      --
      Ollie
    • Julia van der Wyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2009
        Hello,

        I don't know if this is the right forum to post in, but I am getting nowhere
        fast with the google resources.

        I manage a 'blogger' blog, and have discovered that the 'permalink URL'
        generated is not the actual URL, resulting in 404 error pages whenever you
        try to read a recent post. All my settings seem correct and I am pulling my
        hair out (not literally) trying to get this figured out.

        Is there anyone in this group who has some knowledge to share on this issue?

        Deep thanks offered,

        from Julia v.

        Cell: (831) 278-2391

        Home/Office: (831) 427-1726