Hawaii Fair Tax Roundtable

  • Sam Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      To all: I was delighted to note on this morning's report that we have
      now exceeded 5,000 members nationwide in our 50 state FairTax groups.
      2004 is going to be a tremendous year for us, since were started the
      year with (I would guess) fewer than 10 state groups totaling
      probably less than 500 members. We have volunteers sending out
      invitations to join to anyone filling out an online petition. Sam
      Wright tells me that about 10% of petition signers subscribe to their
      respective state chat group. Petitions are therefore one of our best
      sources to build support and group membership.

      This is what you can do to help: Go to
      http://www.fairtaxvolunteer.org/opinion/elec_petition.html
      Print out a few petitions and keep them with you for that
      unsuspecting supporter that you have been telling about the Fair Tax
      for weeks now. Have them sign the petition. This is KEY, take it to
      your computer and enter the info with their information. Tell them
      that they will be receiving an Invitation to join a State Yahoo
      Group. If they are unfamiliar with Yahoo brief them.

      We have had great recent success in getting media personalities' and
      elected officials' attention (such as Senator Grassley). Much of that
      success is due to the increasing ability to link together large
      numbers of our supporters electronically through these Yahoo! groups.
      It is by far the most efficient and effective way to disseminate
      information rapidly, which has always been our biggest challenge.
      Phil Hinson