shooting yesterday in treme

  • Meg Lousteau
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      Hi all - there was a shooting yesterday in the 1000 block of N. Robertson Street near the corner of Ursulines.  Details are still fuzzy.  Here's what the Times-Picayune reports:

      http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-25/119683654478940.xml&coll=1

      A 19-year-old man walking down the street in the Treme neighborhood was shot late Tuesday morning.

      The local teen was walking near St. Philip and North Robertson streets about 11:30 a.m. when gunshots rang out, said Officer Garry Flot.

      The victim suffered a graze wound to the stomach, police said. He was picked up nearby by relatives, who drove the wounded teen to a house in the 1400 block of Arts Street.

      There an ambulance took him to a local hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening, police said.

      What I've been able to gather - but have not been able to confirm - is that the would-be victim was in the area to attend his cousin's funeral, and was shot at by someone.  It seems that the victim was also carrying a gun and returned fire.  One of the two men fled the scene and somehow accidentally shot himself in the stomach.  Again, this is just what I'm hearing.  I'm trying to get confirmation and more details and will send them out when I do.

      Thanks, Meg