FW: BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS
- See below.
Jessica D. Knox
Subject: FW: BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:45:22 +0000
FYI, see below.
Director, Constituent Services
Office of Kristin Gisleson Palmer
Councilmember, District “C”
New Orleans City Council
1300 Perdido Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Communications to and from this e-mail address are subject to provisions of the State of Louisiana Public Records Act.
CITY ANNOUNCES SERIES OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS
NEW ORLEANS, LA—On Thursday, July 11, 2013, Mayor Mitch Landrieu’s Office of Economic Development will launch another series of business information sessions featuring helpful information, resources and opportunities for business owners and entrepreneurs.
The sessions, one in each City Council district, will cover a broad array of topics including business structure basics, retirement planning, social media marketing, grant writing and forming a non-profit organization.
“This series of sessions has been very successful, and we are pleased to offer this program again to our local businesses,” said Mayor Landrieu. “These sessions connect entrepreneurs and small business owners with assistance and resources that can help them start or grow their businesses. The success of our local small businesses is a key to strengthening our economy.”
All sessions are open to the public and individuals can attend any or all sessions. The complete list of dates and locations can be found below.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Regional Transportation Management Center, 1st Floor, Conference Room A
10 Veterans Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70124
· “2014 Entrepreneur Season Programs: Bring on the Big Ideas” presented by The Idea Village
· “Business Retirement Planning” presented by Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC / Member SIPC
Thursday, July 18, 2013
JOB1 Business and Career Solutions
3400 Tulane Avenue, 2nd Floor
New Orleans, LA 70119
- “Business Structure Basics” presented by City of New Orleans Law Department
- “Kiva New Orleans Loans That Change Lives” presented by Good Work Network
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Treme Recreation Center
900 N. Villere Street 70116
· “Social Media Marketing Made Simple” presented by Constant Contact
· “Products & Services” presented by Capital One Bank
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Norman Mayer Library
3001 Gentilly Boulevard 70122
· “The Process and Procedures for Forming a Nonprofit Organization” presented by Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO)
· “Grant Writing” presented by The Funding Seed, LLC
Thursday, August 8, 2013
New Orleans Police Department 7th District
10101 Dwyer Road 70128 (Dwyer Road at Read Boulevard)
· “Services Provided” presented by ACCION Louisiana
· “Services Provided” presented by ASI Federal Credit Union / A Shared Initiatives, Inc.
Please contact Margrett Frazier at (504) 658-4237 or mmfrazier@... to RSVP.