FW: BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS

  • Jessica Knox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2013
      See below.

      Jessica D. Knox

      HFTA President

      www.faubourgtreme.org

      From: mbcunningham@...
      Subject: FW: BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS
      Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:45:22 +0000

      FYI, see below.

      Mary Cunningham

      Director, Constituent Services

      Office of Kristin Gisleson Palmer

      Councilmember, District “C”

      New Orleans City Council

      Telephone:  504.658.1030

      Direct:  504.658.1033

      Mobile:  504.906.3216

      Fax:  504.658.1037

      E-mail:  mbcunningham@...

      Website:  www.nolacitycouncil.com

      City Hall

      Room 2W70

      1300 Perdido Street

      New Orleans, LA  70112

      Communications to and from this e-mail address are subject to provisions of the State of Louisiana Public Records Act.

      CITY ANNOUNCES SERIES OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SESSIONS

      NEW ORLEANS, LA—On Thursday, July 11, 2013, Mayor Mitch Landrieu’s Office of Economic Development will launch another series of business information sessions featuring helpful information, resources and opportunities for business owners and entrepreneurs.

      The sessions, one in each City Council district, will cover a broad array of topics including business structure basics, retirement planning, social media marketing, grant writing and forming a non-profit organization.

      “This series of sessions has been very successful, and we are pleased to offer this program again to our local businesses,” said Mayor Landrieu. “These sessions connect entrepreneurs and small business owners with assistance and resources that can help them start or grow their businesses. The success of our local small businesses is a key to strengthening our economy.”

      All sessions are open to the public and individuals can attend any or all sessions. The complete list of dates and locations can be found below.

      District A:

      Thursday, July 11, 2013

      5:30pm–7:00pm

      Regional Transportation Management Center, 1st Floor, Conference Room A

      10 Veterans Boulevard

      New Orleans, LA 70124

      Topics:

      ·         “2014 Entrepreneur Season Programs: Bring on the Big Ideas” presented by The Idea Village

      ·         “Business Retirement Planning” presented by Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC / Member SIPC

      District B:

      Thursday, July 18, 2013

      5:30pm–7:00pm

      JOB1 Business and Career Solutions

      3400 Tulane Avenue, 2nd Floor

      New Orleans, LA 70119

      Topics:

      • “Business Structure Basics” presented by City of New Orleans Law Department
      • “Kiva New Orleans Loans That Change Lives” presented by Good Work Network

      District C:

      Thursday, July 25, 2013

      5:30pm–7:00pm

      Treme Recreation Center

      900 N. Villere Street 70116

      Topics:

      ·         “Social Media Marketing Made Simple” presented by Constant Contact

      ·         “Products & Services” presented by Capital One Bank

      District D:

      Thursday, August 1, 2013

      5:30pm–7:00pm

      Norman Mayer Library

      3001 Gentilly Boulevard 70122

      Topics:

      ·         “The Process and Procedures for Forming a Nonprofit Organization” presented by Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO)

      ·         “Grant Writing” presented by The Funding Seed, LLC

      District E:

      Thursday, August 8, 2013

      5:30pm–7:00pm

      New Orleans Police Department 7th District

      10101 Dwyer Road 70128 (Dwyer Road at Read Boulevard)

      Topics:

      ·         “Services Provided” presented by ACCION Louisiana

      ·         “Services Provided” presented by ASI Federal Credit Union / A Shared Initiatives, Inc.

      Please contact Margrett Frazier at (504) 658-4237 or mmfrazier@... to RSVP.

      ###