RE: [hftaneworleans] violence...it isn't just treme

  • Jessica Knox
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2013
    Brett and all,

    Currently, the New Orleans crime map shows that NOPD responded to the 1000 block of North Robertson on May 1st at 3:16 pm due to a simple vandalism without indicating that weapons or shooting was involved. I know that your report states that it was around 3:15 on May 1st that a gunfight occurred. I have left messages with NOPD to understand what occurred. When I find out more or if they change the categorization, I will email the group.  http://www.crimemapping.com/map/la/neworleans

    Jessica D. Knox

    HFTA President

    www.faubourgtreme.org

    To: hftaneworleans@yahoogroups.com
    From: brettwilltaylor@...
    Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:57:16 -0700
    Subject: [hftaneworleans] violence...it isn't just treme

    howdy neighbors,

    i wanted to share the "love nola" i wrote yesterday with y'all.  i was struck how so many people outside of the neighborhood--or even city--were so quick to ascribe wednesday's gunfight at the n robertson corral to the fact that i live in treme.   the column was intended, in part, as an answer to that.  as always, any thoughts, ideas, comments--even those with which i don't agree--are welcome to the group or privately.

    be safe!  be in love!
    bwt

    http://nolavie.com/2013/05/love-nola-when-bullets-came-to-my-street-17749.html

    brett will taylor
    www.ashamansjourney.net
    http://nolavie.com/author/brett-will-taylor
    http://wwno.org/term/brett-will-taylor

    between right and wrong, there is a field.
    i will meet you there.    --rumi

  • Brett Will Taylor

      From: brettwilltaylor@...
      Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:57:16 -0700

      howdy neighbors,

      i wanted to share the "love nola" i wrote yesterday with y'all.  i was struck how so many people outside of the neighborhood--or even city--were so quick to ascribe wednesday's gunfight at the n robertson corral to the fact that i live in treme.   the column was intended, in part, as an answer to that.  as always, any thoughts, ideas, comments--even those with which i don't agree--are welcome to the group or privately.

      be safe!  be in love!
      bwt

      brett will taylor

      between right and wrong, there is a field.
      i will meet you there.    --rumi

      Attachment(s) from Jessica Knox

      1 of 1 File(s)

      Recent Activity: