violence...it isn't just treme

  • Brett Will Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2013
      howdy neighbors,

      i wanted to share the "love nola" i wrote yesterday with y'all.  i was struck how so many people outside of the neighborhood--or even city--were so quick to ascribe wednesday's gunfight at the n robertson corral to the fact that i live in treme.   the column was intended, in part, as an answer to that.  as always, any thoughts, ideas, comments--even those with which i don't agree--are welcome to the group or privately.

      be safe!  be in love!
      bwt

      http://nolavie.com/2013/05/love-nola-when-bullets-came-to-my-street-17749.html

      brett will taylor
      www.ashamansjourney.net
      http://nolavie.com/author/brett-will-taylor
      http://wwno.org/term/brett-will-taylor

      between right and wrong, there is a field.
      i will meet you there.    --rumi
    • Jessica Knox
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2013
      Brett and all,

      Currently, the New Orleans crime map shows that NOPD responded to the 1000 block of North Robertson on May 1st at 3:16 pm due to a simple vandalism without indicating that weapons or shooting was involved. I know that your report states that it was around 3:15 on May 1st that a gunfight occurred. I have left messages with NOPD to understand what occurred. When I find out more or if they change the categorization, I will email the group.  http://www.crimemapping.com/map/la/neworleans

      Jessica D. Knox

      HFTA President

      www.faubourgtreme.org

      To: hftaneworleans@yahoogroups.com

        From: brettwilltaylor@...
        Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:57:16 -0700

        howdy neighbors,

        i wanted to share the "love nola" i wrote yesterday with y'all.  i was struck how so many people outside of the neighborhood--or even city--were so quick to ascribe wednesday's gunfight at the n robertson corral to the fact that i live in treme.   the column was intended, in part, as an answer to that.  as always, any thoughts, ideas, comments--even those with which i don't agree--are welcome to the group or privately.

        be safe!  be in love!
        bwt

        brett will taylor

        between right and wrong, there is a field.
        i will meet you there.    --rumi

        Attachment(s) from Jessica Knox

        1 of 1 File(s)

        Recent Activity: