good...and bad...this saturday

  • Brett Will Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2013
      howdy treme

      a bit of good and a not-good bad this saturday:

      good:  there's a guy out at tuba fats selling treme t-shirts today (plus he's got a crawfish boil goin).  $20.  you can never have enough treme t-shirts

      not-good bad:  a dear, sweet young woman---and i can't believe i have to add this, but i do:  she is white--was mugged early this morning...on her way back from her own birthday party.  the attack happened near the craig school.  she's contacting the first district.

      btw, hfta board:  y'alls new website looks awesome.  very fun and friendly and welcoming...kudos!  but could you put something that's easy to find re: reporting a crime.  i talked w three long-time treme residents just now re: if they knew anyone at D1 that this young woman could contact.  aside from commander norton, none of them knew a single soul.   that's a little scary.

      enjoy the sun, y'all.  light overcomes darkness each and every time!!  :)

      brett will taylor
      www.ashamansjourney.net
      http://nolavie.com/author/brett-will-taylor
      http://wwno.org/term/brett-will-taylor

      between right and wrong, there is a field.
      i will meet you there.    --rumi
    • david@david.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2013
        The correct way to report a crime is to call 911. This is true for this
        woman's robbery as well as the aggravated assault you reported.

        If you don't get response from 911, try again. If you still don't, please
        let me know. Responding to such incidents is not optional.

        I would be surprised if either of these were committed by anyone living in
        the neighborhood. That is generally the case with armed robberies.

        David Mayer

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2013
            821-2222 is also fine -- if you remember it at the time. If not, don't
            worry about looking for it, just use 911.

            http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web