Re: [hftaneworleans] so this is new

  • Jessica Knox
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 20, 2013
      Brett,

      I'm so glad that you are ok. This is truly unfortunate. I believe that the sentiment of the message isn't the majority opinion in our community. Treme has always been a diverse community in every manner of the word and I believe most in this community embrace it.

      I urge you to report the incident with a full description of the perpetrator and their vehicle so everyone could be aware that there's someone trying to run people off the road.

      Jessica
      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 20, 2013
        Bret and all,

        We have lived in Treme' for 11 years and have to endure similar things.

        From rocks to spitting to deceased persons, we have had it all thrown at us because of our color.

        Maybe we get a better understanding of what people of color have had to endure throughout their lives for generations. Probably not.

        Since we cannot eat each other, we will find a way to get along.
        (and that is supposed to be humor)

        I am so glad you were not hurt nor deterred in your peaceful endeavors. Rock On Brett!

        It took us almost 10 years to make peace with many of the longer term residents of Treme'. It has been worth it.

        We love our neighborhood and will never leave.

        We will never stop trying to make a positive difference in our own way.

        Change is inevitable and not always bad.

        Love to all,

        Kevin Mccusker