Re: [hftaneworleans] car break-in

  • Meg Lousteau
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
      It would be so beneficial if, in addition to the singular reports that NOPD sends out about individual crimes, they would also send out monthly reports on trends, stats, and especially notices if there is a rash of certain types of crimes.  We all appreciate the NONPACC meetings, but only a tiny fraction of neighbors can make them.  Surely there is a way they can get this information to citizens in electronic form as well.  Is this something the Crime Committee can look into?  Thanks, Meg

      Meg Lousteau
      504.621.4080 c
      meglousteau@...

      On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Dabne Whitemore <tremebikingmama@...> wrote:

      The 3 teachers that live next door, someone broke in house, and stole a laptop, only thing, even though other stuff was nearby, police never showed up to take a report. Monday night before Mardi Gras.

      Dabne
      (504) 701-7871
      sent from mobile, please excuse any errors or typos - thanks!

      On Feb 20, 2013 9:55 AM, "Scott McDermott" <mcdermscott@...> wrote:

      We seem to again be going through a rash of crimes in the neighborhood. Dabne posted a bit ago about a break-in on her block (details?). And my neighbor had her bike stolen last weekend. On that one, a guy cut the chain and jumped up on her stoop and grabbed it. Unfortunately, he avoided getting a clear shot from my cameras and came and went via Esplanade direction.

      Is the NOPD aware of this trend?

      Later,
      Scott

      On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Perry Butler <thefaerieplayhouse@...> wrote:

      Also, yesterday [Tuesday] someone broke into Joan Brooks van that was parked on Esplanade.  It was reported.  Thanks,  Bill

      Hi all - I parked my car in the 1200 block of St. Philip Street today, and at some point between 11 and 4, it was broken into.  There was nothing of value visible.  I know this has happened many times in those first few blocks of St. Philip.  I called 911 and made a report.  Just wanted everyone to know.  Thanks, Meg

    • Dabne Whitemore