Re: Injured Cat

  • Camille
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Dear Regina,

      I don't know if this is the same cat, but a neighbor from the Quarter
      named Paul is looking for his cat named "Emma" who has been missing
      since Sunday night the 28th. He described her as light gray tabby
      with green eyes. If you know any additional information about the
      cat please call Paul at 421-0742. Let him know if you were
      successful with the trapping and if she may be at the Spca. I saw
      him putting up posters and talked with him tonight as I remembered
      your email. I certainly hope this has a happy ending for all.

      Sincerely,

      Camille

      --- In hftaneworleans@yahoogroups.com, Regina Wilkins <rgkkw1221@...>
      wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > While working in the back yard at 1312 Barracks my neighbor and I
      discovered an injured cat. She had her paw caught high up between the
      fence boards and had been hanging there for a while. We got her
      released and she ran off with a badly injured leg and paw. She is
      white with calico spots on her head, back, and tail.

      > LSPCA is coming out today to set a humane trap for her so they can
      fix her paw. If this description fits your cat please email me so I
      can alert LSPCA that she has an owner. Or, if you see a cat that
      looks like this let me know too, in case the trap needs to be moved.
      Thanks for your help.

      > Regards,
      > Gina

    • Regina Wilkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        Hi Camille,

        I saw the flyers for Emma and no, sadly, this is not the same cat we freed from the fence. She was white with just a few orange and black/gray spots on her. So far the trap has not caught her or any other cat.

        I'll certainly keep my eyes out for Emma as well as Injured Kitty during my daily walks in Treme and the Quarter. Of course if any other kitty is caught in the trap I'll let the group know and Paul if the cat fits Emma's description. Thanks for the response and I'll keep the group updated with any info.

        wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > While working in the back yard at 1312 Barracks my neighbor and I
        discovered an injured cat. She had her paw caught high up between the
        fence boards and had been hanging there for a while. We got her
        released and she ran off with a badly injured leg and paw. She is
        white with calico spots on her head, back, and tail.

        > LSPCA is coming out today to set a humane trap for her so they can
        fix her paw. If this description fits your cat please email me so I
        can alert LSPCA that she has an owner. Or, if you see a cat that
        looks like this let me know too, in case the trap needs to be moved.
        Thanks for your help.

        > Regards,
        > Gina

      • Camille
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008

          Thanks Regina I as well will keep my eyes out for both/any other cats in need of assistance on my daily walks with Pearl.