4806Times Picayune article on HFTA-UNO Land Use Study & Partnership

  • Dabne Whitemore
    Jul 22, 2014
      The HFTA Treme Property Mapping & Analysis Study is on NOLA.com!  http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/uno_team_plots_lots_as_land_us.html

      The Land Use Team reviewed the report at last Wednesday's meeting.  We are going to be reviewing the maps and taking comments.  If you see anything that seems out of place in so far as the coding for a select parcel, let me know and I can get the coding updated for better accuracy.  Also, the URISA conference of GIS professionals is holding their conference in New Orleans in September.  They are having a 4-hour working conference session that will explore the data even further.  We will be publishing that data as well!

      The next phase of this project is to look at developing strategies and focusing attention on the greatest needs, as well as sharing the report with the City and other neighborhood leaders.

      As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on the study!

      Dabne Whitemore
      Outreach Chair, Historic Faubourg Treme Association (HFTA)
      (504) 701-7871 cell
      Like us on Facebook!
      Subscribe to our Yahoo Group and get up-to-the-minute announcements!
      Be a part of the community and join the HFTA organization!