      To: hftaneworleans@yahoogroups.com
      From: dashanna@...
      Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:04:34 -0500
      Subject: [hftaneworleans] FW: Providence Community Housing: 1601 Dumaine Street

      FYI - see below

      Jessica D. Knox

      HFTA President

      From: rross@...
      Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:41:58 +0000

      Dear Neighbors/HDLC/City,

      We are please to inform you the work at 1601 Dumaine Street on the moved VA home begins this week.  Our general contractor will have a crew on site to begin the mobilization, clean up and pier work on the building. This week you will see a dumpster to collect any debris that comes from the house for this work.  Also, the general contractor understands this property is in a residential neighborhood and clean up is expected at the end of each day to ensure the area is safe for our neighbors.

      In the following weeks, they will begin replacing framing, sills, floor joists, studs and adding ceiling joists to construct the new roof that will go on the building.  The general contractor will be as careful as possible because of the fragility of the building having been expose and open without a roof for quite some time. To get to the building’s dried-in stage, it will take approximate 2 to 3 weeks borrowing any unforeseen or unpleasant weather conditions.

      We mention to them the Treme Cultural Festival begins on Friday, October 18th.  Therefore, by this Friday, the site and building will need to be secure so anyone who is around for the festival activities will be safe.

      We look forward bringing this building back into commerce.

      Let us know of any questions.

      Thanks and regards,

      Rosalind Ross

      Providence Community Housing

      1050 South Jefferson Davis Pkwy., Ste 301

      New Orleans, LA 70125

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic