Re: Follow-up request for Support - MOVEMBER is almost here!!

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
      Just a reminder to get on board and support Movember fundraising. Prostate cancer *will* affect you or one of your closest friends -- in fact, you can bet your ass (and your prostate) that a few of us in this group of GMs will experience it first-hand.

      I have shaved off my signature goatee to join Mr. Quain in the enterprise of facial-hair farming. I have only just started the fundraising push, though, so in deference to his initiative, I encourage you guys to pitch into Nick's campaign, as I have done.

      (Mine's here, for the record: http://ca.movember.com/mospace/655698/ I'll have to upload the pictures of shaving off my goatee, including the Magnum-esque Mo' I had for Halloween. In keeping with the rules, I started this week clean-shaven, and am feeling quite naked and cold as a result...)

      --- In hfnhl@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Quain" <nquain@...> wrote:

      > Friends & Family,
      >

      > As some of you may recall, I sent out a note last week requesting some
      > support through a donation towards my efforts to raise money and
      > awareness in the fight against Prostate Cancer. I'm doing this, by
      > growing a moustache for the month of November, and month those behind
      > this cause, now refer to as Movember.
      >

      > You're receiving a follow-up note from me for two reasons:
      >
      > - First, I haven't received a donation from you yet (guilt - yes!)
      >
      > - Second, there are well over 100 people across the country who have
      > raised more money than me. I find this both alarming and unacceptable
      > given the fact I have never adorned myself with a 'stache, so how could
      > so many other men have created a higher level of anticipation and
      > curiosity than I?!
      >

      > As such, I ask again that you please support my cause. No donation is
      > too small, and a taxi receipt is provided via e-mail immediately upon
      > your donation.
      >
      > - Click this link http://ca.movember.com/mospace/637378/
      > <http://ca.movember.com/mospace/637378/> and donate online using your
      > credit card or PayPal account
      > - Write a cheque payable to 'Prostate Cancer Canada', referencing my
      > name or Registration Number 637378 and mailing it to: Prostate Cancer
      > Canada, Suite 306 145 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 1E3, Canada.
      >

      > Starting this week, I will be sharing pics and commentary as I begin
      > this foolhardy journey. Our team's kick-off event is Monday night at the
      > Clocktower on Bank if you would like to stop by to say hello, and I
      > follow that with my first set of meetings in Toronto on Tuesday AM,
      > where hopefully, not so much of a 'stache has grown as to compromise my
      > credibility. Although I guess the sooner I get used to it, the better.
      >

      > A few fast facts on Prostate Cancer to leave you with:
      >
      > - over 4,400 Canadian men died from Prostate Cancer last year
      >
      > - in our life time, one if six men will be diagnosed with it, so many
      > people you know!
      >

      > Thanks for your support!
      >

      > - Nick
      >

      > _________________________
      >
      > Nick Quain
      >
      > CellWand Communications
      >
      > (Ottawa) 613-791-6448
      >
      > (Toronto) 416-591-0594
      >
      > www.cellwand.com

    • Nick Quain
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2010

        Friends & Family,

        Another update for everyone, as I make my way through Movember with my ‘Mo’ now in full force. Ok, it’s just emerging (barely) and I’m struggling with the double takes from strangers (let along the gawks from those who know me), but it’s all for a good cause. Feel free to check out my personal MOvember page for pics and commentary on the month thus far (link below).

        On another note, I’m increasing the stakes with an offer in my call for donations - the highest donation between now and Monday at noon (the next 48 hours) and you can have my pair of Sens tickets for this Tuesday evening (center ice, 2nd section, 2nd row), along with a Parking Lot 1 pass. Best seats in house, best parking spot, so pretty sweet. $250.00+ value. For those who have already donated, feel free to add another contribution and I’ll combine your total donation towards claiming the tix.

        There are still 75+ Canadians ahead of me, which I find maddening, of course, hence the persistence. Sure, there are handful of uber-Mo’s out there that I’ll never catch, but not even in the top 50? Definitely have to raise my game.

        As such, I ask again that you please support my cause. No donation is too small, and a tax receipt is provided via e-mail immediately upon your donation.

        -     Click this link http://ca.movember.com/mospace/637378/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account