Day 2 Results

  • drewniece
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello Gentlemen,
      Before getting in to the game commentary I have a task for you. It's
      called find Drew's mistakes :-) I have corrected the picks but given
      how many transactions were involved in correcting them there's
      probably a mistake or two. I have uploaded an old copy of the futures
      list to the Yahoo files section. Your current picks should look
      exactly the same except for being shifted by a year (ie 2004 picks
      now the correct 2003 picks).

      Game Summaries (Brief)

      Stars 3, Rangers 2
      Penalties cost the Rangers early as the Stars capitalized on both of
      their first period opportunities to take a 2-0 lead. The Rangers did
      battle back to tie the game by the end of the second period but
      Sakic's 3rd period goal proved to be the winner.

      Canucks 2, Red Wings 1
      Burke, having come off an opening night shutout, once again proved to
      be the difference turning away 28 of 29 shots. Francis also scored
      his 5th goal of the season to take the early lead in that category.

      Jackets 2, Coyotes 1
      If Kevin Weekes keeps up this pace Columbus fans may be nominating
      him for MVP. Once again Weekes faced a higher than average number of
      shots (34) and was up to the task. His save percentage is now up
      to .948% but he might want to talk to his defencemen about getting a
      little more support.
      Also, in another case of the WWF meets the NHL, Mathieu Biron was
      ejected for a vicious elbow to the head of Tyler Wright. Wright is
      expected to be ok for the teams next game.

      Blackhawks 2, Flyers 2
      Yet again it was a goalie that tells the tale of this game. Despite
      outshooting the Blackhawks by nearly 2:1 (39-21) Thibault's heroics
      allowed the Hawks to escape with a point. All the scoring came in the
      first period with Pavel Brendl scoring what proved to be the game
      tying goal.

      Sharks 3, Leafs 2
      The Leafs, picked by many to finish near the bottom this season, game
      the Sharks a tough game even outshooting them 34-30. The Leafs kept
      the Sharks off the board until the 6th minute on the 3rd period when
      Tanguay scored with tha man advantage. His goal seemed to spark the
      Sharks who scored their final two goals in the final 3 minutes to
      earn the victory.

      Senators 5, Kings 3
      In one of the more entertaining games of the evening Sergei Gonchar
      lead his team too victory with two goals and an assist. The game was
      not without it's aggression either as both Brewer and Blake were lost
      in the first due to injury. In total 41 minutes of penalties were
      assessed during the first period alone.

      Blues 1, Predators 1
      see Flyers vs. Hawks for summary :-) - Can you tell I'm running out
      of things to say.
      Garon turned away 35 of 36 goals and Parrish scored at 14:08 of the
      first period to tie the game.

      Sabres 5, Penguins 1
      The Penguins entered tonight's game with one strategy - shut down
      Bure. In that regard they were successful limiting him to a single
      assist. On this night however the whole Sabres team stepped up their
      game including Valk who scored two!
      I forsee another boastful post from Josh on the horizon :-)
    • Claudio Mannarino
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002

        Hi Drew,

        There seems to be something wrong with the game summaries page.  Day 2 does does not include the Flyers - Blackhawks game and it has the Senators game summaries for 2 games.  ???????

        Claudio

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • donga81
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
          Yo Claudio,

          If the game summaries that your are talking is the Today's Recaps
          link on the home page. Then I take full responsibility for it. I
          should have told Sean to get rid of it. As the link is down because
          of some Spastic at my university displaying certain naughty things
          through his webpage. Nows its an intranet, the link is. So you
          can't see anything.

          Mental Note: Sean remove that link.

          As for the game summaries, why don't you give your summary of the
          match instead of leaving it to either Drew or Eric or whoever is
          simulating. I mean your game was not the only one that didn't get
          mentioned. Maybe the game was so boring that it shouldn't be
          reported on :P' just like how the Canes-Panthers matched wasn't
          reported on. I'm not too worried about it. I wouldn't have wanted
          to see the game anyway even if I was the GM of the Canes.

          Also, its thankgiving, eventhough I'm in Australia and not
          celebrating the holiday at least I know to give Drew some slack.
          He's doing a great job and just remember he is only doing it for the
          love of the league and to make the league more realistic.

          Ok thats my 2cents worth
          Dion.

          --- In hfnhl@y..., Claudio Mannarino <cmannarino@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          lost
          > in the first due to injury. In total 41 minutes of penalties were
          > assessed during the first period alone.
          >
          > Blues 1, Predators 1
          > see Flyers vs. Hawks for summary :-) - Can you tell I'm running
          out
          > of things to say.
          > Garon turned away 35 of 36 goals and Parrish scored at 14:08 of
          the
          > first period to tie the game.
          >
          > Sabres 5, Penguins 1
          > The Penguins entered tonight's game with one strategy - shut down
          > Bure. In that regard they were successful limiting him to a single
          > assist. On this night however the whole Sabres team stepped up
          their
          > game including Valk who scored two!
          > I forsee another boastful post from Josh on the horizon :-)

          Service.

        • dniece@edulinx.ca
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
            Claudio can you please specify which document or link you are referring too
            as everything looks fine to me other than Dion's page which he has already
            explained. For some reason Yahoo cut my message short, I had commented on
            ALL games but the final two seem to be missing but the Blackhawks 2, Flyers
            2 game is there.

            |--------+------------------------>
            | | Claudio |
            | | Mannarino |
            | | <cmannarino@ya|
            | | hoo.com> |
            | | |
            | | 12/01/2002 |
            | | 10:52 PM |
            | | Please respond|
            | | to hfnhl |
            | | |
            |--------+------------------------>
            >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
            | |
            | To: hfnhl@yahoogroups.com |
            | cc: (bcc: Drew Niece/Operations/MAC) |
            | Subject: Re: [hfnhl] Day 2 Results |

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002

              hi Drew,

              I'm referring to the game summaries, under Today's games.  Game #15 shows the Sens-Bruins game.

              CM

               dniece@... wrote:

              Claudio can you please specify which document or link you are referring too
              as everything looks fine to me other than Dion's page which he has already
              explained. For some reason Yahoo cut my message short, I had commented on
              ALL games but the final two seem to be missing but the Blackhawks 2, Flyers
              2 game is there.

              |--------+------------------------>
              |        |          Claudio       |
              |        |          Mannarino     |
              |        |          <cmannarino@ya|
              |        |          hoo.com>      |
              |        |                        |
              |        |          12/01/2002    |
              |        |          10:52 PM      |
              |        |          Please respond|
              |        |          to hfnhl      |
              |        |                        |
              |--------+------------------------>
                >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
                |                                                                       |
                |      To:     hfnhl@yahoogroups.com                                    |
                |      cc:     (bcc: Drew Niece/Operations/MAC)                         |
                |      Subject:     Re: [hfnhl] Day 2 Results                           |

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
                Try refreshing your screen. Game 15 shows as Blackhawks 2, Flyers 2 for me
                and does link to the proper game summary. At the top of the page the date
                should show as Dec 1, 2002
              • Nick Quain
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
                  Claudio,

                  Try refreshing the page. I'm getting the Flyers-Hawks boxscore like everyone else.

                  - Nick

                   dniece@... wrote:

                  Claudio can you please specify which document or link you are referring too
                  as everything looks fine to me other than Dion's page which he has already
                  explained. For some reason Yahoo cut my message short, I had commented on
                  ALL games but the final two seem to be missing but the Blackhawks 2, Flyers
                  2 game is there.

                  |--------+------------------------>
                  |        |          Claudio       |
                  |        |          Mannarino     |
                  |        |          <cmannarino@ya|
                  |        |          hoo.com>      |
                  |        |                        |
                  |        |          12/01/2002    |
                  |        |          10:52 PM      |
                  |        |          Please respond|
                  |        |          to hfnhl      |
                  |        |                        |
                  |--------+------------------------>
                    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
                    |                                                                       |
                    |      To:     hfnhl@yahoogroups.com                                    |

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002

                    Hi Nick,

                    I tried that and it did not work yesterday.  However, I'm at a different computer right now and it worked.

                    I don't now what happened but its working now.

                    Thanks,

                    Claudio

                     dniece@... wrote:

                    Claudio can you please specify which document or link you are referring too
                    as everything looks fine to me other than Dion's page which he has already
                    explained. For some reason Yahoo cut my message short, I had commented on
                    ALL games but the final two seem to be missing but the Blackhawks 2, Flyers
                    2 game is there.

                    |--------+------------------------>
                    |        |          Claudio       |
                    |        |          Mannarino     |