Here's what's up with the HFNHL

  • demerson@edulinx.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2001
      My apologies to all of you for not providing an update sooner, especially
      with the NHL seaosn now in full swing.

      I have regretfully had my computer time cut drastically - less flex time at
      work, and less time period at home - and so have not been able to enter the
      revised player ratings into our league files (700+ players, all changes to
      be done manually...). Unfortunatel,y this is a situation which looks to
      get worse rather than better, and as such I am turning to our core members
      to see if anyone can volunteer to take over the administration of the
      league. I am glad that I was able to be a part of ressurecting the league
      last year, and I'm sure that someone will seize on this oppporutnity to
      keep us going. In particular, someone with FHL experience would be
      helpful, not to mention (as always) some html background...

      We have two official openings at the moment, in Carolina and Calgary, and I
      have applicants lined up for those positions. I hope that other
      participants who may have been discouraged by the delay will reconsider, as
      I know we've all put a ton of time into our teams and the league, and with
      some new admin blood, the league should be able to get back on its feet and
      moving without too much difficulty. We have the added advantage of being
      able to make up some time vs. the NHL during that league's Olympic break,
      so we shouldn't be in the position to have to double-sim too many days.

      In any event, I appreciate everyone's patience with this, and apologize
      that I will not be able to continue in most of my current functions, but I
      know that the HFNHL will continue to be a strong, vibrant and exciting
      league - thanks to GMs like you!

      So don't despair, and if you thinnk you could help, drop us a line!

      Douglas Emerson
      HFNHL Laggard...