Playoff Sched

  • demerson@edulinx.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      With only two sim nights remaining in the regular season, we'd like to
      confirm the playoff timetable:

      Playoffs will begin Friday, May 4th, simming one game (per series) per
      night, so that teams can accomodate any injuries or suspensions as
      necessary. Starting Friday allows us (hopefully) to have a night off prior
      to the beginning of the playoffs, but in a worst-case scenario, ensures
      that we have an extra day if necessary to complete the regular season (in
      the event that both Drew and I are called in to work one night this week).

      There will be an interruption in the playoffs for a 5-day stretch from May
      17-21, as both Drew and I will be on a "team-building" exercise with some
      associates in Canada's wilderness...

      We had planned for an "off-day" between playoff rounds, but those will
      likely only happen now if all series in a round end in fewer than 7 games,
      as we are very conscious of needing to keep to a schedule to allow for the
      entry draft to be run on the weekend of June 8th-11th, and want to ensure
      that teams have sufficient time to complete their scouting and trade
      discussions.

      Douglas Emerson
      HFNLH Commissioner
    • demerson@edulinx.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2001
        A notice to all teams in the playoffs that we will have to take a layoff
        from Thursday through Monday as both Drew and I will be unavailable to
        complete the sim of games. We appreciate everone's patience with this, as
        we will actually be in the middle of Algonquin Park in Ontario and will
        therefore be unable to dial in.

        Assuming we aren't eaten by bears, well will be able to resume games on
        Tuesday May 22nd. So enjoy the break, and be ready upon our return to get
        started on a variety of league issues such as Award voting, the draft
        lottery and other issues. Not to mention, of course, the race for the Cup!

        Regards,

        Douglas Emerson
        HFNHL Commissioner