HFNHL Board of Governors Meeting

  • DrewNiece@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hello Gentlemen,
      I will start by apologizing for my lack of activity and response over
      the last month but as Douglas has previously mentioned we have been
      going through some chaotic times at work lately. That said life is
      returning to normal and I beleive we have some issues to resolve
      relating to the league.
      I have not spoken to Douglas about this yet but I would like to
      recommend we call a Board of Governors meeting to resolve the future
      administration of the HFNHL and the allocation of tasks involved in
      getting things back on track. Ideally I would like to target the end
      of the month for the resolution of these activities and get the games
      underway.
      Before I list off all the tasks that need to be resolved I have some
      information I need resent. I found out the hard way that my e-mails
      are deleted after two weeks even if they are unread. Many of you send
      me e-mails telling me what the new roster numbers should be, a free
      agent signing I overlooked, a response to an unconfirmed trade, and
      resolution of a couple of players showing on multiple teams. All
      these e-mails have been removed before I was able to process the
      updates so please resend them. Sorry.
      Now on to some thoughts I have on issues that need to be resolved via
      a Board of Governors meeting.
      1. Nominations for a 3 person league administration
      2. Allocation of "Reconstruction tasks" such as:
      a/ Resolve the issue pertaining to Netscape users not being able to
      see the website
      b/ Player re-ratings
      c/ Reconstruction of HFNHL files (I've taken a look myself and
      without an instruction manual I don't even know where to begin)
      3. Timetable set for final free agent bid process and waiver draft

      The final issue we need to resolve is where and when to hold this
      meeting. I would suggest Wednesday November 8th (8:00pm EST) as
      the "when" given that our American GM's may have a conflict with the
      U.S. Presidential election on Tuesday. The "where" is the bigger
      issue. Netscape users can't access the site and the "Chatroom" link
      seems to be gone. Bill maybe you still have the URL for the chatroom
      in the old main page file so that we can directly access it for the
      meeting.
      If anyone has an alternative suggestion for a open chat room please
      let us know.

      I hope that you have not abandoned us through the chaos. I know I've
      done my best to help support the league but given my time conflicts
      and lack of knowledge of HTML and the FHL simulator I'm not sure that
      I've actually helped much. I will continue to do as much as I can to
      get this league back on track. Hopefully through this meeting a new
      more knowledgeble group can be appointed but as always I will, where
      possible, be available to help and support the league and its
      administration.

      With that said I hope I've reopened the discussion and we can proceed.

      Regards,
      H. Drew Niece
    • Martin Tremblay
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2000
        For the database, why not take an already-created one and just switch
        players at the right place? I know a place where to find a good one, and it
        would be kinda quicker than rebuilding it from 0
      • DrewNiece@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2000
          Thanks for the input. If the database you have is for the 2000/2001 season it
          could definitely help especially if it has the latest player ratings and
          includes all expansion teams which the database that came with the "newly"
          purchased FHL simulator does not. It has some 96 or 97 database which is
          pretty useless. We will still have to sort out team Finances which are in
          disarray and create players drafted within the HFNHL that may differ from
          your database but it still sounds like a better starting place than what we
          have currently. There's probably some other things that need to be altered
          that, because of my lack of knowledge of the program, I'm overlooking but
          hopefully the successful nominee for the administration of the program will
          find your suggested database a big help.

          Thank you for your assistance and support.

          Regards,
          H. Drew Niece
        • hmmrhed24@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2000
            Hey guys,

            Glad to hear that we are still trying to do everything we can to get
            things rolling. Altho i am new to the League, I was very excited
            about giving it a try. With that said, I will offer to help in any
            way possible, altho like Drew my HTML skills leave much to be
            desired. I may be best used in administrative or player problem
            roles. Just let me know.

            Shawn
            Carolina Hurricanes GM

          • demerson@edulinx.ca
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2000
              Thank you for this, Drew - a man of clarity and action in all things!

              I am wholeheartedly in agreement that capable leadership is required,
              particularly as regards the technical support for the league, and would
              welcome a Board of Governors meeting to establish an action plan. I will
              do my utmost to ensure I am avaialble for whatever time is convenient for
              everyone.

              Looking forward to interested responses,

              Douglas Emerson
              HFNHL Interim Commissioner
              GM Washington Capitals

              DrewNiece@... on 11/05/2000 05:51:45 PM

              Please respond to hfnhl@egroups.com

              To: hfnhl@egroups.com
              cc: (bcc: Douglas Emerson/Marketing Development/CFI)

              Subject: [hfnhl] HFNHL Board of Governors Meeting

            • Nick Quain
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2000
                I too will make myself available for a BofG Meeting to get things going
                again. Not sure how much technical leadership I can provide, but I am
                looking forward to seeing the league get going again.

                Let me know where and when,

                Nick Quain
                GM St. Louis Blues

                http://profiles.msn.com
              • Bill Drake
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 6, 2000
                  I am available when ever. I dont have the Chatroom
                  URL anymore, but if people have ICQ or mIRC then we
                  could just set up a chat room. I have tried to change
                  the configuration of www.hfnhl.com but I still can't
                  seem to get it to work for netscape. I'll ask around
                  and figure things out,
                  Bill
                  Blackhawks GM

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/