[hfnhl] HFNHL News and Notes

  • nash
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Okay fellow owners, gm's, agents, etc... :) heres todays news.

      - AHL and NHL games are both posted on the website.

      - AHL and IHL owners lists are going to be PURGED very very soon. Those
      that havent sent in that you want to be part of things this is your last
      chance...

      - Does anyone have a copy of any of the html or files from the end of
      last year? I wanted to create a carrer stats link and archive some
      other #'s. I think building league history will make things better in
      the future. You can never forget your past ;)

      - Player contracts are subject to review just as player trades are by
      the League administration. Please remeber and note that if your going
      to try and offer a UFA a contract extension its going to have to be a
      damm good one. I strongly believe teams should be able to generally
      wrap up and sign there players. But when it comes to UFA's things are
      going to be a little more tricky. If you can just sign them up easily
      it takes a lot out of the 'being a good GM' aspect of the game.

      - IHL and AHL both could use commish's for next season. The person that
      gets this job should have a copy of FHL, some basic html knowledge and
      want to be part of the HF team :) Please email if interested all
      applicatrions will be saved for a time period then reviewed and 1 or 2
      people selected for the job.

      - Things to look forward to:
      > Restructuring of the AHL and IHL, probally in the offseason... This
      is going to involve assigning lots of players to all different teams.
      > New incentives to having a strong farm, players that have good years
      or spend quality time in the AHL/IHL will get bonuses when brought up
      to the NHL.
      > Highlight of the Night (Live video on the web page) I got a ATI Tv
      Wonder and its just to easy to record stuff. So I might post neat
      little highlights...
      > Chat Room I still havent forgot about this Im just waiting for my
      stupid 'shell account' to come back online. If it doesnt soon then I
      may just put the channel up on Dalnet.
      > The Playoff race is really heating up. Should be a great battle to
      the finish...

      Thanks and goodluck the rest of the way...
      Chris MacKay