Customer Review of Palstar HF Auto from the UK

  • Peter Kovacs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2012
      I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with the Palstar HF Auto, which
      arrived with me today and is now in the shack.

      At first I made the mistake of thinking I needed to give it RF until it had
      finished tuning (not a style of operating anyone likes to hear on the air).
      That would have been a disappointment. However, now that I have taught it my
      antenna, the tuning is just a tiny "dit" and the tuner trundles onto the
      right L/C combination without any more RF until it's done - and then fine
      tunes if you just get on with the QSO. Happy days!

      The reason I use this is that I have a twitchy Tokyo Hy-Power amp which only
      really accepts very close to 50 ohm loads. The Palstar's tuning off some
      ridiculous mismatches (including some notoriously hard half-wave
      mismatches), and the solid state amp is seeing so little reflected power the
      PR needle doesn't lift.

      This is a seriously high quality and innovative product, undoubtedly CDXC
      members will love it - I am thrilled with it. Thanks Martin!

      Cheers
      Michael G7VJR
      ---------------------------
      Review Courtesy:
      Martin Lynch
      ML&S LTD.,
      Outline House
      73 Guildford Street
      Chertsey
      Surrey KT16 9AS
      United Kingdom
      http://www.MLandS.co.uk  tel: 44 (0) 1 932 567333
    • g7vjr
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2012
        Hi Martin -

        Cheers for reposting! Yep, I am thrilled with it and just ironing out my understanding of the tuning logic and memories today (re; tune from a dit - I haven't got this working quite as expected after all!).

        The build quality on this tuner is amazing; Paul, you did an unbelievably good job on this tuner.

        73
        Michael G7VJR