Posters are requested to sign their postings with their name and call sign, e.g., Tom, KD8XYZ.
A commonly asked question is what material should be used for an RF choke. For the HF bands, the best material to use is Type 77 (or 73) ferrite beads. About 6 Amidon FB-77-1024 beads side over RG-213 and can be held in place with heat shrink. (Do not attempt to glue the beads together.) This balun should be located just below the base of the Hex-Beam, never within the elements or above it. Type 43 material is not appropriate for HF, but is the material of choice for VHF and UHF.
- Amateur and Ham Radio
- Nov 29, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.