HEX BEAM

  • Richard Strobel
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
      IM THINKINGOF PURCHASING A HEX BEAM 5XBI. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW COMPLICATED IT IS TO PUT TOGETHER AND HOE DOES IT COMPARE TO A 2 ELEMENT QUAD. I CAN ONLY HAVE ONE BEAM. NEED TO GET THE MOST BAND FOR THE BUCK. THANK. RICH

    • w6hb
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
        It is easy to assemble taking less 2 hours with 2 people who have
        never seen one and a little longer with 1. It covers 5 bands with
        reasonable gain. It is smaller and I believe more survivable than a
        quad. I can not provide you with side by side shootout data. If you
        will read through the hundreds of posts on this site and the
        testimonials on www.hexbeam.com, I believe just about any questions
        you may have will be answered. 73 - Doug - W6HB

        --- In hex-beam@y..., Richard Strobel <gfts4u@y...> wrote:
        > IM THINKINGOF PURCHASING A HEX BEAM 5XBI. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW
        COMPLICATED IT IS TO PUT TOGETHER AND HOE DOES IT COMPARE TO A 2
        ELEMENT QUAD. I CAN ONLY HAVE ONE BEAM. NEED TO GET THE MOST BAND
        FOR THE BUCK. THANK. RICH

      • Bill Terry
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
          Rich
          I am one of the least handy people I know and I put
          mine together alone in about 2 hours. It is very
          sturdy. Once together it is easy to pick up and tote
          around. I can't compare it to a quad but it is much
          better than all of the wire beams I have owned. It is
          expensive but considering the amount saved on tower
          and rotor you probably come out ahead.
          I highly recommend it. Bill K4BYR

          http://health.yahoo.com