Re: Construction Starts (after 2 years)

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi Rob
      If you plan to use kee klamp fittings, you might want to look at the
      kee-lite range (L152-6 for 32mm tube or L152-7 for 40mm tube) they are
      very lightweight and last forever.
      I understand that Mike uses them on the commercial hex so they must be
      top notch quality.

      73
      colin
      m0xbm

      --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Thomson" <G4LMW@...> wrote:

      > After 2 years of prevaricating, I finally had a base-plate made up
      and
      > 6 more crappie poles arrived yesterday to add to the 6 that already
      > have.
      >
      > So - it's finally happening.
      >
      > Currently looking for a flange for the pole (Kee Klamp 61-7 looks to
      > fit the bill).
      >
      > Looking forward to completion
      >
      > 73, Rob
      > G4LMW

    • Rob - G4LMW
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
        Thanks Colin

        I just bought the 61-6 Kee Klamp flange (their website dimensions are wrong
        and the 61-7 that I original got was too big). The 61-6 is just right for
        the 1.25 inch diameter centre post.

        Cost £7 incl VAT (excluding delivery).

        Flex-weave 16 gauge next.... any UK suggestions anyone?

        73, Rob
        G4LMW
        http://www.G4LMW.co.uk

        > If you plan to use kee klamp fittings, you might want to look at the
        > kee-lite range (L152-6 for 32mm tube or L152-7 for 40mm tube) they are
        > very lightweight and last forever.
        > I understand that Mike uses them on the commercial hex so they must be
        > top notch quality.
        >
        > 73
        > colin
        > m0xbm
        >
        > --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Thomson" <G4LMW@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> After 2 years of prevaricating, I finally had a base-plate made up
        > and
        >> 6 more crappie poles arrived yesterday to add to the 6 that already
        >> have.
        >>
        >> So - it's finally happening.
        >>
        >> Currently looking for a flange for the pole (Kee Klamp 61-7 looks to
        >> fit the bill).
        >>
        >> Looking forward to completion
        >>
        >> 73, Rob
        >> G4LMW

        19:59
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
          Rob,

          I've always used the 7-strand 16 gauge from Westlake. Probably not as
          flexible as Flex-weave, but works fine for me.

          Steve G3TXQ

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
            Thanks Steve

            Was going to go with Henry's stranded wire but wondered if there was
            anything else out there... always good to shop around!

            73, Rob
            G4LMW
            http://www.G4LMW.co.uk