Re: 17 meter Broadband monobander

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      Tom,

      If you're a "purist" you might also want to note that removing the
      other 4 bands tunes a 17m monobander high by about 50KHz.

      You probably wouldn't notice this in practice. But if you want to take
      account of it simply add 3/4" to the total Reflector dimension and
      3/8" to each Driver side.

      73,
      Steve G3TXQ
    • wa1vta01452
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        Thanks for the responses and the info. I threw together a 17 m
        broadband monobander using 96" strips of 1" X 1" urethaned pine strips
        with a plywood hub since I had all the materials lying around. About
        20' above the ground. Respectable SWR and f/b in the 16-18 db range on
        inital tests. First overseas station worked was 4X4Rf...

        73,

        Tom