Re: 40-10m Hexbeam

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi,

      Two problems with these multi-band beams:

      1) The shape of the support structure can result in very little
      vertical separation between the 10m and 12m wires; you should aim for
      at least 10cms (4") vertical separation, even if this means "bridging
      the gap" to the spreaders with support cords.

      2) You must not connect all the feedpoints to one feedline - the 40m
      Driver will radiate significantly at 15m, and the 30m Driver at 10m. I
      think it would be best to feed 40m/30m with one line and 20m - 10m
      with a second feedline.

      73,
      Steve G3TXQ
    • dg6hd
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008

        > i'm also interested to build a 7 bands hexbeam ( broadband
        version )
        > i've in my hand 6 new fishing fiberglass pole 6 mt long; i hope
        they
        > are enough long .
        >
        > is possible to build a 7 bands or the interaction of element is bad
        > for this purpose?
        > Steve you have done a simulation about?
        >
        > mny tnx
        > 73 de ik2ulb

        6meter fish I taken for my version 20-10m and because of stability
        3elemente removed the old version 40m has turning radios of 6m is
        called it to have to be longer because of bend the new version is
        already of lives from 15 per cent more largely I has 9m to fish
        bought for 80euro with askari and hopes that the rich will I begins
        next week thereby and becomes then everything admits here to give the
        mounting plate is already finished 10 times 10cm stole plate which I
        with more ner isolates plate increases on 50 times 50 cm
      • dg6hd
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
          Rear one babel fish translated completely beautifully amusingly has
          degrees times mine text back translated and there comes genuinly
          amusing raus I hopes it understands nevertheless which I means
        • Giancarlo
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
            --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, "dg6hd" <dg6hd@...> wrote:

            > > i'm also interested to build a 7 bands hexbeam ( broadband
            > version )
            > > i've in my hand 6 new fishing fiberglass pole 6 mt long; i hope
            > they
            > > are enough long .
            > >
            > > is possible to build a 7 bands or the interaction of element is
            bad
            > > for this purpose?
            > > Steve you have done a simulation about?
            > >
            > > mny tnx
            > > 73 de ik2ulb
            > >
            > 6meter fish I taken for my version 20-10m and because of stability
            > 3elemente removed the old version 40m has turning radios of 6m is
            > called it to have to be longer because of bend the new version is
            > already of lives from 15 per cent more largely I has 9m to fish
            > bought for 80euro with askari and hopes that the rich will I begins
            > next week thereby and becomes then everything admits here to give
            the
            > mounting plate is already finished 10 times 10cm stole plate which
            > with more ner isolates plate increases on 50 times 50 cm

            Although I have no space for a 40m Hex-beam I have been thinking
            which would be the best solution to cove 40 to 10 m.
            Probably a double Hex. bottom would be 6 fishing rods (select 7m long
            type with top 1.5m removed) horizontally positioned on which the 40m
            and 30m would be layed. Then the 20m to 10 m umbrella hex. Guys will
            be used to keep 40m beam stabilized.

            Steve what do you think? Can you simulate it?

            73

            Gian
            I7SWX
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
              Hi Gian,

              If you put the 40m and 30m wires on a horizontal set of spreaders the
              two Driver elements will have no separation!

              Have I misunderstood your proposal?

              73,
              Steve G3TXQ