Re: K4KIO website update

  • k4kio
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
      Michael:

      I don't see how downward angling of the spreaders could achieve any
      better separation of 10 and 12 meter wires but maybe I am missing
      something.

      For what it is worth, my upward angling achieved very little and if I
      had it to do over I would not bother. In reality, the interaction of
      10 and 12 shows up more in the modeling than in actual results from my
      experience anyway.

      But to achieve better separation of my 10 and 12 meter wires, I just
      pulled the ten meter wires down a couple more inches on the post. That
      is where the current is highest and the place where interaction would
      be expected to be most significant. But again, I really haven't found
      the closeness of those two bands to be much of a problem in practical
      use anyway.

      Finally, if you look at photos of the Traffie hexbeam, the two wires
      look about as close there as I have seen on homebrew hexbeams.

      Regarding your use of the max Gain spreaders, you might want to look
      at W6OT's site as he uses them and has fashioned a way to couple them
      together that might have some appeal. His site is
      http://www.zievid.com/W6OT/Hex/Beam.htm

      73,

      Leo
    • Michael Doherty
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
        On 4/1/07, k4kio <k4kio@...> wrote:

        > Michael:
        >
        > I don't see how downward angling of the spreaders could achieve any
        > better separation of 10 and 12 meter wires but maybe I am missing
        > something.

        The idea would be to give the antenna more of a bowl shape. I'm
        getting some MaxGain spreaders and am going to do some experiments.
        Will report any results.

        73's Michael K1YS