Off Topic: Wilson WR500 rotor

  • Ray Keefe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
      Does anyone know where I can find the rotor end
      connector for a Wilson WR500 rotor. The control box
      uses a standard 8 pin male octal plug, while the rotor
      end uses a screw on 8 pin female plug. Similar to the
      Ampenhol mike connectors.

      I have already tried to 2 rotor repair shops and
      nothing. The company that made the rotor went out of
      business in 1979 so no new parts are avail for it.

      Thanks,

      Ray
      KC2GMN

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
        Is it a standard Amphenol connector?

        --- Ray Keefe <kc2gmn@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can find the rotor end
        > connector for a Wilson WR500 rotor. The control box
        > uses a standard 8 pin male octal plug, while the
        > rotor
        > end uses a screw on 8 pin female plug. Similar to
        > the
        > Ampenhol mike connectors.
        >
        > I have already tried to 2 rotor repair shops and
        > nothing. The company that made the rotor went out of
        > business in 1979 so no new parts are avail for it.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Ray
        > KC2GMN

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Richard Broughton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          Ray,

          Try Norms Rotor repair in Birmingham, Al. Here is
          their website

          http://www.rotorservice.com/

          73's

          Rich, NE4M

          --- Ray Keefe <kc2gmn@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where I can find the rotor end
          > connector for a Wilson WR500 rotor. The control box
          > uses a standard 8 pin male octal plug, while the
          > rotor
          > end uses a screw on 8 pin female plug. Similar to
          > the
          > Ampenhol mike connectors.
          >
          > I have already tried to 2 rotor repair shops and
          > nothing. The company that made the rotor went out of
          > business in 1979 so no new parts are avail for it.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Ray
          > KC2GMN

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Ray Keefe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2006
            Jerry,

            The Amphenol 4 pin mike connectors that were used on
            some cb radios and Motorola control heads was the best
            way I could describe it, these are 3/4" in diamter and
            came in 4 or 5 pins with a keyed screw on shell. The
            radio usually had the female and the mike had the
            male.

            The one on the rotor is 1" in diamter, keyed like the
            mike plugs, male pins, 7 in a circle and 1 in the
            middle. So the mate is a female socket inside the
            screw on shell.

            There are no identifying manufacturers part numbers on
            it, that would make this far too easy.

            I figured someone out there may have had one of the
            rotors and perhaps has the end kicking around but not
            the rotor.

            Ray
            KC2GMN

            http://mail.yahoo.com