Field Day 2005

  • w4wb
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      For anyone that may be in the North Alabama area during Field Day June
      24-25, you are invited to drop by the Huntsville Amateur Radio Club &
      North Alabama DX Club Field Day site located on the Intergraph property
      in Madison, Alabama on I-565. The club call is K4BFT or better known
      as K 4 Big Fat Turkey. The clubs enter in Class 5A and K4BFT is often
      #1 in Class 5A and frequently finishing in the top 10 overall.

      The 40-m SSB station will feature my 40-30 m Hex-Beam with expectations
      of helping the club's score more than normal. :-)

      If you are in the area, please drop by to take a look at the Hex-Beam
      and the rest of the antenna farm our groups rapidly erect. It is truly
      quite a sight and a great example of team work. You are also welcome
      to operate the stations too!

      If you can't visit, then please try to work us!

      Tnx es 73,
      Barry W4WB
    • Jason Hissong
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
        Good Luck Barry! Wish I was down in your area.. I would love to see the
        Hexbeam in action.

        73
        Jason N8XE

        --

        "A long journey starts with the first step and an understanding spouse."
        http://www.undermidnight.com - astronomy and astrophotography

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
            Will do with the photos. One thing that is an interesting problem
            is how to mount the HB onto the mast during the erection of the
            tower. We are erecting 5-6 towers in about two hours with antenna
            assembly the hour before. Current plan for the Hex-Beam is to take
            3 4-foot sections of scaffolding to form a working platform at 12'
            with the tower pulled up to about 20 degrees. Standing at 12' will
            make it easy to attach the 40-pound HB to the mast ... we think.
            With a 50' tower and 3-4' of mast, the interface point is about
            16.5'. Other ideas are of course welcome!

            73,
            Barry W4WB

            --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, "Pieter & Petro Du Toit"
            <zs1pdt@i...> wrote:
            > Hi Barry how about some nice photo,s of the site with all the
            anttena,s and the hexbeam and also the station new zealand a bit far
            to come for a weekend 73 de zl1pdt nz

          • dl7io
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
              Hello Bill,
              we had our IARU Region 1 CW-Fieldday last weekend.
              I joined some friends at DA0CB/p. One of the antennas was a DL7IO-40-
              4 (40/30/20/17/15m) @20m height. The other high band antenna was a
              A3S also at 20m. We tested a bit before the contest and got same
              reports on 20 & 15m for both antennas.
              40m was our best band by DX and No. of Q's. We started in the 100w
              category with only 1TX but unlimited antennas. I'm not sure how your
              classes are defined.
              I will shortly add some photos to the group or give a link where they
              are on my website as we are limited with the webspace on the group
              photo page.
              regards Holger