Re: hex feed

  • ve3cwo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005
      --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, Dale <dmess@t...> wrote:
      > was wondering if any one had tried to use the copper plumbing strap
      with
      > holes in it for the feed system inside of the mast and if so with
      what
      > results
      > thanks
      > 73 k8nke

      Yes, I have used the copper plumber strap in two 5-band
      antennas. I soldered brass bolts at appropriate spacing along three
      lengths of strap, two for feeding, other for the reflector. Drilled
      matching holes just a tiny bit oversize for the bolts, and slipped
      the strips inside one and one-half inch pvc pipe, wiggled the strips
      until the bolts came through, then held them in place with a washer
      and nut. Later, the wire elements were installed with another washer
      and nut. No problems experienced, and I feel good that the straps are
      out of the weather ( rain, ice and snow at times ). By the way, I
      feed one of them at the 10 metre element, and the other one at the 17
      metre element. Naturally, the tuning was a little different for each,
      but the results of using them on the air seem to be the same. Nice
      antenna in a compact space.

      regards,
      Doug VE3CWO