Re: Hexbeam lite

  • w6hb <w6hb@arrl.net>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
      I am confused. Looking at the pictures you uploaded, I see only 4
      spokes/spreaders. Is this a Hex or an X? 73 - Doug - W6HB

      --- In hex-beam@yahoogroups.com, "w5ddc <dallas@a...>" <dallas@a...>

    • dallas@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
        I left a message post, I havent mounted the remaining two legs. I am using
        aluminum for 4 spreaders and fiberglass for the remaining two. I will be
        directly
        driving the aluminum. Hope this clears it up some... Trying to see how it
        works out
        in this configuration.

        Donlin
        W5DDC
      • w6hb <w6hb@arrl.net>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
          Thanks, Donlin - Still not real sure of the feed method. What are you
          going to use for the element ends? I look forward to seeing the
          finished product and your results. HNY! 73 - Doug - W6HB

        • dallas@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
            Im planning on using aluminum wire for the element ends to avoid
            electrolysis from the junctions. I plan on feeding the elements at the base
            of the
            PVC cap. I have the fishing poles cut down and need to extend them about 3
            feet
            on each side to get me to 9 feet or so. Im hoping to try this on 20 meters
            and above. I will try it as a single band first, Im guessing that multi
            banding in this
            feed configuration will cause a great deal of interaction between elements.