14883Re: [hex-beam] painting fiberglass spreaders

  • John
    Jun 27, 2014
      I ran some tests of various paints to examine their effects near antennas and found none, so far, that cause problems including a couple black ones.

      I don't really have enough data to say one way or the other, but the trend seems good.

      John

      On 6/25/2014 6:56 PM, Larry Dighera larry@... [hex-beam] wrote:

      Hello Bill,

      It is my understanding that carbon (an electrical conductor) is used as the
      black pigment in paint. It would be interesting to know if black paint has any
      effect on the operation of an antenna. Just a thought.

      Best regards,
      Larry

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic