14860Re: [hex-beam] Tuning the Hex Beam

  • Steve Hunt
    Jun 23, 2014
      Alternatively, just the inside of a plastic connector bloc:
      http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/hexbeam/gallery/images/classic2/classic_2_008.jpg

      Steve G3TXQ

      On 23/06/2014 18:59, John Weisinger ysingers@... [hex-beam] wrote:

      Description of Easy Connector
      I start with a piece of insulating material.  That can be plastic or just about anything you have or can purchase.  I have a supply of scrap StarBoard that is used in the boating industry on dashboards and other places in the sun.  Use a UV resistant material if at all possible.

      I cut the insulating material to 1.25 inches by .75 inches.  I am using either 1/2 or 5/8th inch thick material.  I drill one whole through the thickness of the material at one end for the rope to pass through.  I then drill a small hole (just big enough for the wire to pass through easily) from the opposite end back to the rope hole.  The last hole is drilled from the top of the material between the rope hole and opposite end with a small hole that can have a threading tap run through it to create threads.  I usually use a drill bit size smaller than recommended for a 8 X 32 screw.  Tap the hole for your securing screw and you are done.  I have included a photo of one of the connectors.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic