letting Leopard G out to roam?

  • Donna Paladino
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 10, 2012
      Hello,
      I am curious about the safety of my L.G. and letting him out to roam a bit.
      He seems to not have depth perception!  He is not a year old yet, I got
      him from a former teacher at my school.  I did not raise reptiles growing
      up.  What is the general consensus on letting them out of the tank?  I
      also made him a 12X24 plastic container space where he can experience a sandy tourane.  He
      definitely appears more stimulated and happier when he gets these experiences.
      At times when I let him roam on my desk I fear that he will fall off..
      sci teach,
      massachusetts

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2013
        The baby iguanas are cheap because no one breeds them in cages, they are all wild caught and shipped here. There is NO selling market for captive bred iguanas with all the cheap imports. There are iguana rescues over flowing because there are too many iguanas and not enough people to care for them properly. ( http://www.triangleiguanarescue.com/ )
        I hate that they are sold so cheap, just because they get SO large as adults. The general public can't handle adult iguana care.