[Herpetology Central] Re: New and have breeding questions

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 7 3:11 PM
      Yes I will have to start fresh . Will have a budget of 300-350 to start . Looking for a nice morph and breed to a normal female or two .I will have to see

      --- In herpetologycentral@yahoogroups.com, William Reed <xxbiglilbillxx@...> wrote:

      > balls are worth good money for the right morphs do u have any ball pythons no w or do u have to start out fresh

    • Chris Mannon
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 8 11:49 AM
        I am thinking to go with one of the lizards . Not geckos but like uromastyx or monitors . But still looking for a good fit . When I was younger I had reptiles

        Sent from my iPhone.
        Weepingwillowaviary.webs.com
        Green cheek conures , cocktatiels, Quakers , sun conures , Patagonians conure in west Lafayette Indiana
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 10 2:01 AM
          Uromastyx are very awesome reptiles to keep. I have had 2 Mali's and 2 morracans, the babies do have to be have adult uromastyx poop on their food after hatching to help aid the immune system and has to be done early because they lose their appetite for it very fast. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

          --- In herpetologycentral@yahoogroups.com, Chris Mannon <rustybus66@...> wrote:

          > I am thinking to go with one of the lizards . Not geckos but like uromastyx or monitors . But still looking for a good fit . When I was younger I had reptiles
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone.
          > Weepingwillowaviary.webs.com
          > Green cheek conures , cocktatiels, Quakers , sun conures , Patagonians conure in west Lafayette Indiana

        • Donna Paladino
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 10 4:08 AM
            Hello,
            I am curious about the safety of my L.G. and letting him out to roam a bit.
            He seems to not have depth perception!  He is not a year old yet, I got
            him from a former teacher at my school.  I did not raise reptiles growing
            up.  What is the general consensus on letting them out of the tank?  I
            also made him a 12X24 plastic container space where he can experience a sandy tourane.  He
            definitely appears more stimulated and happier when he gets these experiences.
            At times when I let him roam on my desk I fear that he will fall off..
            sci teach,
            massachusetts

            ________________________________
            Uromastyx are very awesome reptiles to keep. I have had 2 Mali's and 2 morracans, the babies do have to be have adult uromastyx poop on their food after hatching to help aid the immune system and has to be done early because they lose their appetite for it very fast. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

            --- In herpetologycentral@yahoogroups.com, Chris Mannon <rustybus66@...> wrote:

            > I am thinking to go with one of the lizards . Not geckos but like uromastyx or monitors . But still looking for a good fit . When I was younger I had reptiles
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone.
            > Weepingwillowaviary.webs.com
            > Green cheek conures , cocktatiels, Quakers , sun conures , Patagoniansconure in west Lafayette Indiana

          • S
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2013
              The baby iguanas are cheap because no one breeds them in cages, they are all wild caught and shipped here. There is NO selling market for captive bred iguanas with all the cheap imports. There are iguana rescues over flowing because there are too many iguanas and not enough people to care for them properly. ( http://www.triangleiguanarescue.com/ )
              I hate that they are sold so cheap, just because they get SO large as adults. The general public can't handle adult iguana care.