Hilton Pond 03/19/12 (Signs Of Early Spring)

  • Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      The month of March 2012 was incredibly warm--both day and night--and Mother Nature seemed to respond. Plants and animals of various species showed activity ahead of what the calendar usually dictates, so there may be some long-term effects. To view our photo essay about this phenomenon and some of the organisms involved, please visit our "This Week at Hilton Pond" installment for 19-31 March 2012 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek120319.html

      While there, don't forget to scroll down for a list of birds banded and recaptured, including a rather old American Goldfinch.

      Happy (Spring) Nature watching!

      BILL

      =========

      RESEARCH PROGRAM
      c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
      office & cell (803) 684-5852
      fax (803) 684-0255

      Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
      Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
      "Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org