Fw: Tortoise Tissues Needed

  • robert Twombley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 12:38 PM
      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: CNAH <jcollins@...>
      Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 6:55:28 AM
      Subject: Tortoise Tissues Needed

      CNAH RESEARCH REQUEST Number 173
      The Center for North American Herpetology
      Lawrence, Kansas
      http://www.cnah.org

      GOPHERUS TISSUE SAMPLES NEEDED

      I am a graduate student at the University of Southern Mississippi conducting a
      phylogeographic study of Gopherus polyphemus using mtDNA and microsatellites. I
      have already collected over 400 samples throughout the range but have sampling gaps,
      especially in the eastern portion of the range. I am also optimizing > 20 new polymorphic
      microsatellite loci for G. polyphemus, and would like to test for cross-species
      amplification in other species within the genus Gopherus. If anyone would be able to
      contribute Gopherus sp. blood/tissue samples to this effort, I would be willing to supply
      the materials (i.e., vials, buffer, syringes, and needles) and pay for shipping costs.

      Please contacted me or my major advisor at:

      Joshua.Ennen@...
      Brian.Kreiser@...

      Thanks for your assistance.

      Josh Ennen