Re: [Herpetology Central] Fwd: SMALL MAMMALS

  • mark anthony reyes
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dear Dr. Ahmed,

      I am please to here some sense of real concern, if not be with the herps, atleast on the mammals. I am more particular of the "conservation" aspect of the species, which you had mentioned in your mail, since they all forms part of a delicate ecosystem. Though, I am not sure how can I help, but I guess if you need some inputs on other small mammals, I have references to share which is based on current and past researches done in my country..

      Cheers!

      Mr. Reyes

      "Dr.Syed.S. Ahmed" <akif1999@...> wrote:
      --- In AntiPoachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dr.Syed.S. Ahmed"
      <akif1999@y...> wrote:
      May God bless all of you!

      I had created a group "Small Mammals" .Rodents(mice, rats, hamsters,
      guinea pigs, beavers, muskrats, porcupines, woodchucks, chipmunks,
      squirrels, prairie dogs, marmots, chinchillas, voles, lemmings),
      lagomorphs(rabbits, hares, pikas)&insectivores (shrews, moles and
      hedgehogs) are generally considered as small mammals.The small
      mammals are very important.They are a major part of the animal
      kingdom food chain.Without them many other animal species may not
      exist.Many of them are also endangered.In this group you can take
      active participation for small mammal conservation

      Regards,
      Dr.Syed Shehzad Ahmed
      MSc(Enviro Science),MD
      --- End forwarded message ---